I have a rough idling issue in a GA16DE from 93.

465

Asked by May 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM about the 1993 Nissan Sentra XE Coupe

I have  an issue where the engine decided to run on only 3 1/2 cylinders. I just replaced my spark plugs and made no
improvement. A friend told me that he thinks I'm in the process of losing all the compression out of the cylinder. Its 1# cylinder,
next to the timing chain. If I remove the injector wire, it runs rougher. If I remove the spark plug wire from 1# cylinder while
engine is running, theres no surge in power loss, acts if nothing happened. The wires are perfectly fine. I just fixed a leaking fuel
line but never got around to replacing the fuel filter.....would this be the cause of the rough idle? If this was the issue, wouldn't
all the cylinders be affected. I do need to change my oil soon but I know this isn't the issue. Gasket failure? I need help...This is
my only car for the next few months and need to fix it.

65

i had the same problem but never fixed it. i ended up selling the car. check if there is a censor by the catylliac converter. is it acting up when it gets hot or right at start up?

465

it used to be after it warms up. Now its when I start it. A guy told me that its a bad distributer cap and rotor. He owns a couple of sentras with this engine....he seems for sure that could be the issue.

65

that sounds right. that motor is a champ but that problem is too common. good luck.

Best Answer