Why won't my 1993 Nissan V6 Pickup start?

Asked by Sep 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM about the 1993 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab SB

Last night I drove the truck through what seemed like a relatively harmless 6 inch deep
puddle of water on a quad trail. The truck simply shut off about 20 feet after exiting the
puddle. I tried starting it and it cranked over normally but wouldn't fire. After waiting
several hours I tried again, it cranked over normally, but wouldn't fire. It seems like a
bizarre situation because the water was only 6 inches deep (I didn't go through fast
either) and you'd think that the undercarriage of a truck, or any vehicle for that matter,
would be able to tolerate water. What happened?

114,245

Was exhaust under the water line? If so check to see that its not full of water. Could water have splashed up into air filter area? If so check that air filter not full of water.

The air filter/intake is high up in the engine bay and was totally dry. The exhaust pipe wouldn't have been submerged either. It seems to me like it's not getting fuel or spark, but it's tough to tell

114,245

I would start by checking plug wires for spark. If they do have spark then I would check fuel pressure at fuel rail.