Why won't my 1993 nissan d21 truck not start?

Asked by Apr 27, 2013 at 09:55 PM about the 1993 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab SB

I have a 1993 nissan d21 2.4 L 4cl 4x4 5-speed pickup truck. It will not start. I started it up a few days ago just fine, just about 1 mile down the road to the gas station, put gas in it, where i usually get gas. I got back in it and it wouldnt start back up. No clicking noises from the starter or anything, although i still had power, lights and radio etc. was on. I already have to replace the fuel injector tomorrow. So while im under the hood, what else can i check to see what the problem might be? Could it be the starter and how do i test the starter to see if it still works?

You can take a hammer and tap on the starter couple of times and try starting it. If it starts its the starter failing. Also could be your safety switch in clutch.

Lina Furlan

This is a solution to be taken in case the relays, starter, and electrical wiring is in sound condition. If no sound comes at all when you try to start the vehicle, and this happens from time to time, perhaps the problem is the ignition. Nissan is famous for this problem in vehicles of the 90s. You might need to buy the ignition block with a new key. This is something that is not hard to do, but sometimes you might need to use -very carefully- a saw to cut the head of the original bolts. You will end with two keys, one for the doors and the another one for the ignition.