Where is the starter relay located on 93 Nissan 300zx?

Asked by Sep 27, 2015 at 07:35 PM about the 1993 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Convertible

Good battery and new starter. Only clicks. Need to know where the starter
relay is located?

48,475

I think Nissan calls it an inhibitor relay. It should be located behind the drivers tire up against the firewall. Have someone hit the key with your head in that area. You should be able to locate it.

95

if it clicks its getting power. check all connections. give it a decent whack while someone tries to start it. i doubt its relay related.

10

I had the same problem with my 1990 ZX.. I have no idea where the relay is but for me the relay was the answer. I found this out only after replacing the starter (needlessly), Still having recurring problems, I decided to work with someone who knows this model intimately. Once I took it to the dealer they fixed it for about $250.

it is under drivers side wheel well behind finder plastic weather cover you have to remove the liner in the wheelwell to get to it

if that doesn't fix problem you can jumper wire the large plug to the starter relay to bypass the relay and get your start back until you fix the problem

Having the same exact problem! Changed starter relay, battery, starter, ign coil relay still won’t start unless i jumped the starter.