Transmission

Asked by Jul 23, 2014 at 04:29 PM about the 1993 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Convertible

I have a 1993 300ZX basic model with automatic transmission.  we were sitting in traffic
for over 30 minutes.  when we finally got out of the bumper to bumper stuff, my
transmission acted like it was in neutral.  I took it out of over-drive an tried other drive
levels and the engine just reved like it was in neutral.  I put the car in park and turned
the car off and then restarted it and put it in drive and the transmission engaged like
normal and I drove on.  Have not had any problems since, anyone have a like
experience?

180,995

I have never experienced this personally but have had customers tell me basically the same thing has happened to them and after having the transmissions serviced and filter changed the problem never came back, I did have one customer found out that his cooler was plugged and overheated his trans.