how many super hicas were made in model year '93 & how many in all model years combined?

35

Asked by Aug 29, 2007 at 06:41 PM about the 1993 Nissan 240SX 2 Dr SE Hatchback

13,525

Hi ghary, Unfortunately, the production numbers are not broken down by option. However, the information I could find is that there were 21,471 240SX produced in 1993. Hope this helps!

35

according to my mechanic, the suspension geometry on the super hicas is unique, which is why parts are becoming hard to get for this option package. if this is, in fact, true, nissan certainly lost $$$ on this car, which would indicate a very small # of super hicas in each model year. my real question: is the car rare enough to do a restore?

75

No it is not rare enough to do a restore. The big difference in the hicas is that the car has 4 wheel steering. If you build a 240sx you are guaranteed to lose money when you go to sell it.

25

what exactly is the super hicas what dose this mean?

135

Hicas(High Capacity Actively Controlled Suspension): is a rear wheel steering system used on some of nissan's higher end sports cars the concept is simple there is a small steering rack on the rear wheels on a model equipped with a Hicas system it is powered by hydraulics run off the power steering pump. It uses the vehicles speed sensors to determine which way to turn the rear wheel and by how much. Super Hicas (Super standing for "better" or Updated"):On the Super Hicas system it uses a electronic actuator to move the rear wheels and uses a computer dedicated for the purpose of deciding how the wheels turn and by how much. It is also a bit lighter than a Hicas system. Something to remember tho it only moves about one degree in either direction so it's more about performance then a parking aid. It is rare to see a model with this set-up because most people don't like it and get a kit to disable it. OHH.... I Believe you were saying something about Knowledge?

25

ok i deserve that but at least i ask about it instead of making things up haha thanks tho with this option is there a huge diffrence in handling i mean it sound like it dosent since people don't like it

135

Well from what I have heard people say it makes the car umm.. trying to thing of a good word for it I guess people feel the rear end has a looseness on the highway plus its one more thing that can break and be very expensive to fix

25

haha well it just another thing to fix o just sounds like nissan was just trying some new stuff out seeing if the public would like it

I have a 93 240sx with a KA24DET and Super Hicas. holy crap it scares the crap out of me. if you've ever been in a truck with the cab mounts broken on it, that's what it feels like in heavy corners. the body sways when the SH activates. mine is tuned for 65 (average hwy speed). the first time i drifted it i had no idea what the SH was for and had a hell of a time keeping lines on turns. found out why and did test runs on it. i adjusted my govern to 130mph because 5th gear only got to 4500rpm's and needed more room. i finally put it on a track here in colorado with the SH still in tact and everything i knew about entering Apex's went out the friggn window. after about 90mph, the SH dramatically changes your entrance speeds and angles making for a hell of a ride. even worst yet was it put a lot of strain on my rear bushings and tie rods. after replacing both sets f&r, i began to completely disable the damn thing. it was a great idea, but difficult to maintain on older cars.

where do you get the rear tie rods from?