My 1994 Nissan Pickup XE 2wd 4 cyl Transmission wouldn't go into the next gear when I would take off in the mornings.

20

Asked by May 24, 2013 at 01:35 PM about the 1994 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr XE Standard Cab SB

For about two weeks it did this, but would go into the next gear after about 1/4 block.  Then it intermittantly wouldn't go into the next gear for a whole block, then it would sometimes take two blocks before it would go into the next gear and around this time reverse went out completely.  Also, sometimes when it did go into gear it would skip a gear and try to go in like third gear so of course it would be slow in getting up to 3rd gear speed.  I took it in to get repaired and I was given an estimate of $1300. out the door but once all was said and done they charged me $2300. to replace the transmission.  Well the very next morning it did it again.  I returned the truck to the transmission place and they" fixed it"...but it has never run the same, it still drags ever so slightly.  That was about 5 months ago and then this morning it wouldn't go into the next gear again for about 1/4 block....it is cold and rainy.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  Because once it would warm up it wouldn't happen or only after it had been sitting a while.  I need to know if anyone has had this problem and did they really need a whole new tranny?? or was it some part of the tranny or what??

the fluid level is good? the color is not brown or black? take it to a transmission shop for a fluid and filter change and it will be okay, just has a tinge of varnished fluid~

20

I wonder if that was the problem all alone.....well maybe not because it wouldn't go into reverse at all. And, I'm sure the transmission shop I took it to must have checked the fluid level right? and replaced the filter when the replaced the transmission?

don't rightly no, my friend....you could pull the dipstick with the engine running and see if the level is between the hash marks is cherry red or black like the ten of clubs~ chunx in there cause me great alarm...keepin my fingers crossed for you buddy~

TPS sensor. My truck use to have the same problem.