where is the heater coil located in a 1996 ford contour SE

Asked by Sep 12, 2015 at 12:07 PM about the 1996 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

LEAKING WATER ON PASSENGER SIDE FLOOR

78,105

It is located on the passenger side, inside the heater box, but make sure it is coolant that is leaking on the floor, if it is water then your A/C drain is most likely plugged.

Sounds as if your heater core is out.It is located on the passengers side under the glove box.When that goes it leaks fluid into the floor when you turn it on.Some can be changed from under the hood but most have to be changed from under glove box.You may have to remove that to get to it.