I just fuelled up when I was pulling into the driveway when the car stalled I tried starting it and it wouldn't I let it sit for a while and tried starting it I drove two blocks and it did the same

Chad Curtis

Asked by Feb 09, 2015 at 10:38 AM about the 1996 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

After two blocks the car stalled again, I got it back home and let it sit for a while it
started up so this time I left it idle when I went outside it wasn't running,I left it over
night first thing this morning I went outside and it started up. What could be the problem

Did you happen to see if the check engine light was on? If it is, I'm sure you don't dare drive your car to get the codes read. Try the most inexpensive fix first. Get a can of throttle body cleaner. Remove and clean your throttle body thoroughly. Also remove and clean your Idle Air Control valve. See if that improves the cars running capabilities. If not, post back. You may have some failed component that is telling your computer that the engine is cold instead of hot. This is why it will start up when cold, but soon stalls out. Here is a video on how to remove and clean your throttle body and IAC. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMa0nom1iwc

Best Answer
Chad Curtis

The check engine light isn't on and I still checked for codes with no results, I have now cleaned like you suggested it started up I am going to drive it and see what happens Thank You