My truck won't start every time I turn the ignition. Replaced starter, clutch switch, and relay. When I turn the ignition I hear a light clicking, not srarter vented, not loud enough. Do you think maybe the ignition switch is going bad? That's my next move.

Asked by Jul 20, 2013 at 01:10 AM about the 1995 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr XE Standard Cab SB

assure the battery is newer than five years old by looking at the push-off labels on the top of the battery...clean the other end of the 1/0 cable as it attaches to the chassis ground with a coarse wirebrush and re- assemble~ we need 300 cold cranking amps at least...NEW battery will fix you if re-newed BIG AMP connections does not help~

Don't begin work on the ignition switch until you have eliminated all other possibilities, last resort. When you begin to pull an ignition switch you are opening a can of worms, you will then have to deal with all the other locks (unless it ha s a different key for doors), re programming the transponder, ECU, and more.

gee that sounds like fun...

there are 2 black with yellow tracers in the wiring harness under the stering column. Each should have a 12volt charge. If not, cut the wire with no voltage and splice it to the live wire. took me over a year to find this out.