I have a really stupid question....

5

Asked by Dec 20, 2008 at 03:50 PM about the 1996 Ford Contour 4 Dr GL Sedan

it's stupid because I own the car...
but on the Contour is there a low fuel light????
I can't figure it out it doesn;t light up when I put the key to on...
idk maybe it's a fuse...

255

i'm 98% sure it does, i would check the fuse box like you mentioned. if my 93 explorer had a fuel light so will your 96 contour.

5

thanks

985

Owner's manual would have that info. Check that if you've got one. my 1985 crown Vic has a low fuel light.

5

I have checked the owners manual but it doesn't say... I figured it does but because I'm on "E" now I kinda figured it would go on and it hasn;t and I was wondering if it had one or if it's a problem with a fuse or something

985

it doesn't show a cluster of the idiot lights in the Manual? That's odd, I thought it would list them all somewhere. I'll have to go back and check to see if my manual has one! lol

5

it does show lights...just the ones that I don't have...of course like traction control and such ...but it doesn't mention anything about a low fuel light

985

hmmm... well, that's kinda useless then... Go to the dealership... just ask them... they can't charge you anything for asking a question, all they can do is admit to not knowing

60

I have checked the owners manual but it doesn't say...[URL=http://www.wellbridal.com]wedding dress[/URL] [URL=http://www.wellbridal.com]wedding dresses[/URL] I figured it does but because I'm on "E" now I kinda figured it would go on and it hasn;t and I was wondering if it had one or if it's a problem with a fuse or something

no,i dont think it does,

145

My 99 has one right between the check engine light and the airbag light you might have to lean forward to see it, it is in a bad location so if you sitting in your seat normally it is hidden behind the steering wheel. I have the SE though so yours may be different. Hope this helps