No working tail or brake lights on 1995 Nissan 300zx

Asked by Jul 02, 2015 at 06:01 PM about the 1995 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

I've been working on this 1995 300zx for 3 days. Everything on car works fine, all lights, dash gauges, hazard lights fog lights, front turn signals BUT no rear tail lights or brake lights. Checked fuses both under hood and behind panel on drivers side under dash. Could not find any fuses marked "tail lights". Bulbs are fine. Rear sockets are grounded fine. I get power to small white plug in connector next to left tail light, but nothing at socket. Car only has 52,000 miles. Any tips on where to look next.  Thanks

20,780

Have you taken the light cover off the vehicle and checked the plug in connections. Mr brother had this same problem a little while back I looked at it for him and found that the plug in connections to his brake lights were corroded bad cleaned with wire brush and sprayed with WD40 and its been working every since.

20,780

That is the plug in connections to the light socket.

I appreciate your suggestions, but the rear light plugs are like new. I also used a multi-meter to check the grounding of the plugs..I read in this site there is a printed circuit board somewhere in the rear hatch area that may be the problem. Unfortunately I can not find said circuit board. It's suppose to be green in color. More searching tomorrow. It appears since there is no power to the rear brake/tail lights there may be a fuse out, b ut I can not find a fuse anywhere marked "tail lights"

20

I had a 95 sentra with tailight prob. i found a harness connector in the trunck was coroded.power on the source side of the plug but not on the bulb side.I spliced jumper wires to make the connections I needed.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go through both sides of the connectors to the rear lights again. I hope it is just that , but don't expect corrosion. Everything on this car looks new. Only 52,000mi, but there may be something as minor as a bit of dirt.