Air intake systems advantages and advice

Asked by Aug 03, 2012 at 10:30 AM about the 1995 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

I was wondering what people's experience have been with after marker air intake systems in particular with use with 300z 1995 nissans. I am looking at - Injen system. Is the benefits really worth it or are these just hype?

air systems r always a great place to go for cheap easy power definitely worth it and it'll help in the long run with other mod...s bringing the most air into ur car will only help bring it to its potetntial

I think its got advantages such as smoother acceleration, better pedal response, and less restricted air flow, and you can REUSE the filter, jus clean it every so often(k&n air filter cleaner kit). You can get custom fits to your vehicle, but if you do it yourself, jus make sure you keep it away from any heat sources. I made my own and the engine light went on, but i had it placed to close to engine, no harm done to car, jus need to adjust length to a cold area (underneath engine) lol. I paid $40 off of ebay!! If you search on ebay, you may find other brands that can link you to their site.

A nice middle ground would be to get an aftermarket performance filter instead and see how you like it. They typically aren't very expensive.