1995 Nissan 300zx keyless entry / security alarm remote?

15

Asked by Jul 17, 2012 at 05:01 AM about the 1995 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

Nissan 1995 300zx hatchback (NA) was bought without the keyless entry remote. I have an 350z remote. Can one use that and if so how? Additionally, if one cannot use that; what do people recommend that I buy from a third party or should I contact Nissan directly. Finally, trying the reprogramming sequence of openning hatch back, locking doors, and placing the key in the ignition 6+ times does not put the alarm system in reprogram mood; what am I doing wrong?

15

Just talked to the local Nissan dealer and it will be $160 for the remote plus $35 to be programmed. I cannot believe it! That's like complete highway robbary. Anyway, I cannot seem to get the car to enter into program mood. If I can; I would just buy one of those cheap $45 remotes off the net or even try and use my 350z remote. Can anyone suggest what the exact steps are to reprogramming a 300zx keyless remote. These are the steps that I have followed so far: 1) I unlooked the car using the key and the driver's side door which unlooks all the doors. 2) open the driver's side door and using the latch by the driver's seat, I pulled the latch to open the hatch and physically completely opened the hatch 2) Sat in the drivers seat and closed the door (passanger door unlooked but closed) 3) I lock the car doors by using the driver's side door lock mechanism that locks both doors 4) I put the key into the ignition and remote repeatedly (trying for 6 times within a 10 second period - tried this 100s of times) 5) Hazards nor lights nor anything happened as instructions suggest 6) I press the lock key on my remote that I am trying to program This procedure does not work. Can anyone give me an idea of what I am doing wrong or even doing right? Thanks so much, Tamer

155

Honestly you are better off getting and aftermarket alarm with keyles entry and make sure your factory alarm is deactivated if it has one...the new ones are way better since these cars I are so old...I have a 1990 300ZX TT and thats what am planning on doing since is so painfull to get these old security system s to work when a new one will cost you just as much and you will avoid all the stress!!

15

I worked closely with a really good auto stereo guy in Pittsburgh and decided to get the 350i5 Crime Guard aftermarket system. Hopefully the installation won't be too much of a hastle. Thanks allot. Tamer