1996 Manual Nissan Pickup Jerking Problems. Please help

50

Asked by Nov 06, 2012 at 01:33 PM about the 1996 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr XE Standard Cab SB

I have a 1996 manual nissan pickup truck. Everything is pretty standard. No 4x4, no anything, standard. My problem started this morning. It was working fine the first 5 minute driving to school then i went on a turn and it started jerking in 3rd gear. as if shifted up into 4th and 5th, it went away. as i came to a stop sign, it did it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then 4th and 5th was fine. Then i was slowing down because someone was turning, it cut off in 1st. started it up, it did it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. so i turned around to go get my dads truck then it did it in every gear so its on the side of the road. I got my dads truck, went to go to school, came back to the truck and it wouldnt even start. I went back home then went back to the truck, tried starting, it started, but stalled after a couple second. i kept trying to get it running to look at the engine but after a couple more times, it would turn over but not start..also there were no funny smells to my knowledge. I think its the clutch, but im no a mechanic. also the meter for milage is broken (since i had it) and there is no RPM meter. past owners said it was great, there was never a problem. i have had it for about two year, no problem untill now...what do you guys think? i thank you so much

55

Is it was any noise why you drive or shift?

50

Nope. lets say im driving in 3rd gear going 30 mph, its like im shifting down to 1st gear then back up to 3rd...they are violent jerks ... the only noise of course would be the high reving of the engine because when it jerks it acts like its shifting into 1st from 3rd gear. except it does this in all gears now, it started out in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but then move to all 5 gears. then it started stalling when coming to a stop. then pulled over and tried starting it, it started then stalled seconds after. now it wont even start, it will turn over, but wont start. this sucks haha its slowly falling apart in a day...but feel free to ask ANY questions to help...i really appreciate this

20

check your fuel pump,make sure its working, if it is change fuel filter, then check your mas air sensor in the throttle body, check plugs wires rotor and cap. have you tried these things yet, i got a 97 plain jane had similar problem ended up being mas air senser for me runs great 361xxx and still burning rubber!