I changed the speedometer on my 96 bronco and now there's a beeping coming from under the dash and my alternator wont work

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM about the 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4WD

My speedometer quit working so I went to junk yard and got a different one which
works , but since then there is a beeping from under the dashboard that wasnt there
before and my alternator quit working so I replaced it and the cables , then took the
battery out my truck thinking that could be it but no difference

110,035

Are all the components of the dash properly plugged in? Are all harnesses snapped all the way in place? Could anything else under there have come unplugged/or loose while you where working under the dash? Could something have shorted out while you were under dash causing a blown fuse or two?

I checked all the fuses and there good im going to pull it apart again and put the old speedo back in and see if it fixes it

I figured it out . The speedo cluster has to be 96 only they changed mother boards in 95 and 97