transmission

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 11:36 PM about the 1996 Ford Aspire 4 Dr STD Hatchback

The tranny just went out without warning

5,545

often the cooling lines from transmission to radiator are struck by an object and leak all the fluid out~ run a tissue along the lines to find out where they leak~ often is at the connection to the radiator~

246,135

Things break.

6,565

I could be wrong, but I doubt the manuals had a cooler line (verses autos having them). That sucks man.. check out www.fordfestiva.com (busier than the aspire site) and ask if anyone is near you and can help. Loving people willing to help festiva/aspire family. Could have been the shift shaft seal or axle seals or input seal, etc.

5,545

oops....festiva....I forgot....well it was fun tryin' today~ "things break" this is a smalltime vehicle...over-rated it by having the ability to pull a trailer...it's not that kind of car~ remember the "turd-polisher" 80 dodge colt with the MCA "jet" engine could get 50mpg, but would not climb a hill~ perhaps the festiva is also a "turd-polisher" dump it as soon as possible...is my advise~

69,285

Bummer - shop around for a good shop (not cheap) as transmission shops vary in how good of a job they do. That cheap re-build you get will be the most expensive work you will ever do on your car!

6,565

Bob, I'm a big fan of the festiva and aspire.. real cheap and easy to work on. The only thing I've not done is mess with a trans but once you remove the rail bolts they come apart and are quite simple, I hear. Tacy, if you join the forum and ask for help, I promise you people will try to figure up something to help you out or figure out what went wrong.

5,545

apologies for any disrespect...one of my paintings to brighten your day~

6,565

haha.. none taken. hey, I appreciate your kindness. Not everyone loves them nor has to. *thumbs up* Kudos Bob

6,565

If you are able to, please keep us updated Tacy! Thanks