dead spot in mid RPM's

Asked by Oct 22, 2011 at 04:55 PM about the 1997 Nissan Pickup 2 Dr XE 4WD Standard Cab SB

I really hpe somebody can help me with this. My truck seems to have a hesitation at 3000rpm to 3400rpm. My check engine light is not on and I replaced just about everything I think may cause this. The truck runs great except for this hesitation, which is real pain when towing or driving over passes.

15

Maybe you should reset the ECU. I really am no expert on Nissan's but a friend of mine had a similar problem and he reseted the ECU by using a certain order of actions like: turn on the ignition ( but not on start) , press the throttle to the floor for 5 secs , then turn off the ignition but not the battery , hold that for 5 secs more. And then your done... CAUTION: This is not the reset order for your car, just an example what it might look like. I also am not very sure if it's the right thing to do, but a point where to start a discussion in this club. I would like to hear the opinion of an expert, too.