Leaky Pathy

25

Asked by Mar 16, 2011 at 02:09 AM about the 1997 Nissan Pathfinder 4 Dr SE 4WD SUV

It has been pouring down here in Oregon. A problem showed it's ugly head again today. If I park with my Pathfinder at an angle with the hood at the lower end, I leak water inside the cabin. I think it is something to do with the drain along the sunroof but I don't know where it is. Has anyone else had this type of problem? Or does anyone know where the drains are located exactly so I can see if something is clogging it?

1,275

Get your weather striping checked.(around doors, windows, hood.. etc) Over time they wear out, and need to be replaced. Pretty simple fix, and shouldn't cost too much to replace. Most people just go to the junkyard and buy em there.. cheaper yes, but sometimes they don't test em out before they buy them and end up paying more in the long run.

485

Sounds like the sunroof drain holes. Open the sunroof and get it out of the way, then check the front corners, left and right, for small drain holes. Take a small water bottle and pour a little water down each hole. If it goes down, it will drain to the ground behind the front tires, and there is a leak somewhere else. If the water does not go down the holes, one or both are blocked, and a short section of wire can be used to fish out the gunk. Periodically checking these drain holes should be done about once a month. Good luck.

Never knew the sunroof had drains!! Unblocked ad the water stopped leaking in.!!