I just got done checking my fuses under the hood and now my car won't start. It does absolutely nothing. But the door still chimes.....? Help!?

Asked by Apr 02, 2015 at 03:47 PM about the 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX

1997 Tbird 3.8L

7,325

Starter relay under hood fuse box

CamaroCollector, Starter relay. Means I need to do what?

7,325

The fuse box under the hood has fuses and relays in it, the fuse for the starter provides power to the relay for the starter to crank (couldn't find exact fuse illustration but a similar one for the 3.8 motor)

First, that is the incorrect fuse box. For anyone needing a diagram of the fuse box under the hood for a 1997 Ford Thunderbird (3.8L), let me know because I have one. After replacing my starter and being out for the costs, I (myself) discovered that the ignition fuse was missing, which solved my problem. Unfortunately, now I trust no one with my other issues. Just because I'm a female doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking (or trying to) about, but even I knew that after bridging the starter that it wasn't my starter. :( Now I just need to fix the "shaking & hesitation" problem, along with figuring out if my rear brakes just need to be bled or if prior brake cylinder installation was done correctly....