car wont start problems

Asked by Jul 10, 2013 at 07:21 PM about the 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX

i have a 97 thunderbird lx and it wont stay crank. i can turn the key over it clicks under  the hood but it wont stay crank for long help. the fuel inertia switch in the trunk is pushed downcould this be the problem? i really would love to fix this car and drive it. any ideas what could be causing it to not stay crank?

have you found the inertia switch? It is a momentary switch and things will immediately come to life...

where is it at?

nevermind i found it..it still doesnt work

when you put the key into the on position can you hear fuel circulating through the fuel rail at all? I'll check on a fuse or relay....gimme a sec~

...okay, it's relay number thirteen...pull it...see if it smells burnt~...replace it.

Fuel pump, pump relay and inertia switch....costs if you don't mind~

you could remove the access cover over the fuel pump, put the key on and measure 12Volts with your multimeter~....or test lite~

The Constant Control Relay Module(CCRM)interfaces with the Power Control Module(PCM)to provide control of the cooling fan, A/C Clutch and fuel pump. The module also includes the electronic engine control(EEC)relay to provide power the PCM The CCRM is a set of 4 relays in one module. The relays are : 1. Relay for the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) 2. Relays for the high and low radiator fan speeds. 3. Relay for the fuel pump. 4. Relay for the Air Conditioning clutch on the compressor.

aren't you glad this one relay will stop your high and low radiator fan speeds, air condiitoning clutch on the computer...and the fuel pump...this one might be bad if none of these things are workin' would change the fuel pump relay or CCRM out immediately~

75

I have a 1997 Tbird, when I attempt to start radiator fan comes on and stays on draining the battery, leaving me to get a jump. Typically when jumping the car and they key turned forward and the fan running I hear a click (which I believed was the ccmr) and the car would start. Since the winter the car takes longer to start some times up to 30 mins before I hear to the. Click. So I decided to replace the CCMR, coolant sensor/sender, check fuses and relays all appeared fine. Since I replaced the CCRM the car won't start at all. When I put the key in and turn, the fan stays on no click to be able to start. Could it be my PCM? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Stuck in Mn.