Can I turn off alarm system for seat belts?

Asked by reggie1928 Feb 20, 2007 at 05:44 PM about the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid FWD

I have a Camry Hybrid. Can I turn off the alarm sounds for seatbelts in both passenger and driver seating

Hello, They make it very difficult to disable these alarms, and for good reason. Wearing a seatbelt is the law, and it's safe. I'd highly recommend it. So, no, there's really no way to turn off the alarm for the seatbelts. Best of luck! CarGrrl

This is not true, if you contact your toyota dealer, they will help you.

Difficult or not, I want to disable the alarm. I'm not a child if I want to drive around without a seat belt, that's my choice. The time when it's annoying is when the passenger removes the belt before the car stops or to get something from the back seat. Has nothing to do with the driver, just annoying alarm. If someone can post the answer it would be great.

40

go to the junk yard and cut just the chrome piece that plugs into the seat part of the seatbelt, plug it in no alarm or use the seatbelt what ever makes you happy

15,545

you drive a toyota camry. just wear the seat belt. you dont look cool or badass by not wearing it.

350

Do It Your Self – How to Disable a Seatbelt Alarm on a Toyota This Toyota Manual Will Guide You of How to Disable a Seatbelt Alarm on a Toyota. Most newer vehicles are equipped with seatbelt warning chimes. Toyotas are no exception. The seat belt warning chime can easily be disabled. Disabling the alarm is not illegal, in fact, the instructions can be found in your owner’s manual. Follow the procedure outlined to disable the seatbelt alarm in most 2004 and newer Toyota vehicles. ========================================================== Insert your key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position. Do not crank the engine. Press the small knob on your instrument cluster to cycle between your trip odometer and your odometer reading. Press the knob until it displays “ODO.” Turn the ignition to the “Off” position. Turn the ignition back to the “On” position and hold the small knob for 10 to 15 seconds. After the time has passed, put on your seat belt (while holding the knob). Release the trip odometer knob to finish. Your instrument cluster will display “B off.” Tips & Warnings Perform the exact procedure again to enable the seat belt warning.

90

The steps outlined wouldn't work for my 2009 Camry but.....just putting the passenger's belt in driver's side silenced the alarm. Works for me.

70

I had this issue with my 2014 Camry and found what I think is a nice solution. It should only take 30 mins. and is non- destructive. 1: unbolt the seat belt from the seat. (14 MM wrench, I think) 2: buckle the seat belt 3: gently remove the black plastin cover from behind the buckle 4: gently lift the magnetic sensor circuit board 5: notice how the magnet moves when the seatbelt is buckled 6: press the buckle in all the way and carefully drill a 1/16" hole through the side of the black plastic and the sliders above the magnet. 7: slide a paperclip in the hole- pinning the magnet in the "buckled" position. Cut the excess paperclip. 8: unbuckle the seatbelt- the magnet will stay "pinned" in the buckled position. 9: replace the circuit board, plastic cover and bolt the seatbelt buckle back to the seat. 10: that's it!, If you ever need to go back to "factory", just remove the paperclip. I hope this helps you, it might even work with other makes/ models. Of course, always wear your seatbelt, and I take no responsibility for your mistakes. At least this does not require you to cut any wires, and keeps your seatbelt fully functional.

40

I don't like your drill 1/16 hole idea but you have helped. Thanks. My 2011 Camry has small springs inside the black plastic cover (see step 3 above). Just remove the springs and the sensor now thinks the seatbelt is always fastened. Problem solved. I kept the springs in case I need them for some unforeseen reason.

90

The question here is not about whether or not to wear sealtbelts. so to all those who are discussing that, that discussion takes place somewhere else. Thanks to splendidisolation for having the correct and proper way to stop the alarm.

100

none of this s*** work how about somebody just tell me where the goddamn little chime comes from and I'll just jam a screwdriver in that and f****** knock it out

Just stumbled on this forum and thought why the hell not... You just need an OBD2 adapter than has the ability to not only diagnose, but customize. Search "Carista" on Amazon (there are many other brands with fluctuating costs, but this is the best and cheapest one), download the app (also search Carista on Android/Apple, and it gives you a one month trial which you can just cancel as soon as you're done customizing so you don't have to worry about forgetting and getting charged), and you're all set. Tap the customize section, have you car in the 'ON' position, follow the prompts, are the dings are gone. There's also a bunch of other customization options for lights (interior/exterior), other alerts, and windows (for instance, if you have a physical key and not a smart key/push button start system, you can have to option to open/close all windows including sun/moonroof by insert key in the lock, then turning and holding to either lock or unlock. Great for the sweltering hot days to let that hot air out in a hurry) Hope this helps. -Tony