So why does my car keep turning off is it cause of the map sensor that's on it

130

Asked by Jul 27, 2014 at 08:08 AM about the 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

110,035

When does it turn off? If it's when you slow down like at a stop sign it's probably the idle air control valve dirty or faulty or either dirty throttle plate.

130

Yeah it's like you got to keep going non stop or the car turns off

110,035

Ok that's sounds to me like you have a dirty/faulty idle air control valve or dirty throttle plate. Can try cleaning them sometimes it helps.

130

How can I do that

130

Where are the valves located at on the car

130

So is that the reason why the car keeps cutting off when you brake at a stop light

110,035

Yes I think so or at least that's where I would start checking. The IAC is on the drivers side of your throttle body right below the air inlet duct work. Remove the duct work from air filter to throttle body. Now you can see your throttle plate and iac. The iac is right below the throttle plate. It has two bolts holding it in place. Remove the bolts, wire harness and vacuum lines going to it. Remove iac and spray it out with throttle body cleaner real good and reinstall. Spray cleaner on clean rag and clean throttle plate too. Make sure to open it up and clean the edges of it and the throat of the throttle body. Reinstall air duct work. Now when everything is reattached correctly you will need to do a relearn procedure for your iac.

130

Okay then and another ? Why is antifreeze leaking from the car could it be that I need a new water pump

110,035

http://forums.nicoclub.com/2002-sentra-spec-v-iddling-t556309.html -- check this out for relearn procedures on your car.

110,035

Could be but need to locate where coolant is leaking from. Sometimes a small inspection mirror works real well for the hard to reach areas. If the coolant is coming from the weep hole in the water pump the pump needs replaced.

110,035

Where did you go fordnut? You had the diagram I was trying to describe.

130

It's not from the radiator it's coming from the passenger side

110,035

Need to locate exactly where it is coming from. Is your coolant level low? If not are you sure it's coolant and not just condensation from your ac?

130

So would I have to drive with the air conditioning on in the car so it can circulate and not cut off

130

It's coolant cause it shows when the car is parked

110,035

No. If coolant is leaking it will leak no matter what the ac is doing. Put if its condensation from the ac unit then it will stop dripping when ac is turned off and has warmed up. What color is the liquid? If clear it's condensation from the ac and this is very normal for it to drip.

110,035

what color is the liquid that drips on the ground?

130

It's green and I seen smoke coming from it this morning too when I was giving it a run

this one will go full screen

I was doing something and thought I was on another page..I need coffee..good mornin'

110,035

Ok. Need to locate where it's coming from in order to know what needs to be fixed. Inspect engine right above where the leak is coming from.

130

So once i do all of that then I would be able to drive the car without it turning off on me when I brake

110,035

Lol. I think I have already had to much coffee this morning. Bout to have to cut grass. Ugh.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/iacv-aac-cleaning-and-testing-tutorial-t251133.html .......and here is another perspective

110,035

Yes cleaning the iac and throttle plate most times will bring your idle back. But remember to do the relearn procedure right after you get thru. Also keep in mind that if cleaning the iac does not help it will probably need to be replaced. Should have asked earlier. Is you check engine light on?

130

Yeah

110,035

The iac in that picture is the item with the yellow connector.

130

Oh okay but I do have a check engine light on too

110,035

Ok. Then before you do any of this work. Other than locating the coolant leak. If in USA . Go to auto zone and have them read your codes(in most states they will do this for free). Then post code numbers back on here. This will help confirm what's actually going on.

P0505 is Nissan IAC fault. We need codes like that, P followed by 4 numbers..

MAP is P0105 or 1105

130

It was the mafs sensor and the throttle and pedal