Is this a car a good buy

Asked by Nov 23, 2008 at 01:40 AM about the 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

This car looks nice but everything tells me its the lower end of the tuners, its a six speed, but what can i really get out of it power wise.

135

Thats is a silly question in the game of building fast cars its all about how much you want to spend you gotta pay to play

15

just bought one about a month ago and i havent been disappointed the suspension is sporty, it gives you good power out of the hole thanks to the stock limited slip, only thing that is tricky is making sure you dont hit the 6200rpm redline because it comes faster then expected. As for tuning there are plenty of bolt ons you can find that aren't too bad in price but yea you can make the power you just gotta know what you are dealing with and that you have the cash flow to keep it up

3,155

im not a huge fan of the looks of them but its not bad for entry level tuning. There should be plenty of parts for modding it out as well. and if you get really into it drop a sr20 or rb motor into it haha

135

Explain to me how you can drop an Rb series motor from a skyline into a sentra perhaps you meant VQ35DE?

55

its just a low end car in general. who wants to tune a four door? looks boring and in comparison to pretty much anything, slow and always will be. nissans are crap.

135

How is it a low end car? It isn't a sports sedan it is an econobox with a special motor and a beefier trans for about 20 grand new you cannot beat what if offers in terms of the Helical Limited Slip Diff 6 speed Trans. You sir are the reason people don't like forums anymore they ask a simple question and get owned. I have had 5 Sentra's and 4 being SE-R's perhaps you would like to shut your mouth what are you driving that makes you almighty? Nissan builds a very good car for the money

15

if you know anything you would know that they come stock with SR20DE in 2000 and 2001 with the SE Trim :P

135

So what the SR20DE is in sentras from 1991-2001 how is this related to an 04 Spec V powered by the QR25DE which shares nothing with the SR20DE and just to make you aware the DE in the 00-01 is a roller rocker motor which has a lower redline and a few other diff then the older FWD SR's

15

lower redline, but more efficent. im just saying, whats the point of buysing a car to swap when you can find one WITH the motor you want to swap in

135

What is the point you are trying to make that the B15 sentra came with a SR20DE? Thats true the purpose of this thread is he wants to know if it is a good car not if he can swap an SR into it. I have had a B15 both a GXE and an 02 Spec and you cannot tell me that the QR is more efficent that the SR motor. I blew up 3 QRs within ten thousand miles of eachother. The only SR I have ever blown up had well over 150k on it. The roller rocker is a decent motor but nissan dumded it down in the B15

15

My SR20DE Powered SE is @ 234,000Kms original Trans and motor. and its the most reliable motor Nissan Ever Put into a B15 Sentra. im saying that why would you buy a Spec-V when there are plenty of SR20 Powered SE models out there just crying to be opened up

105

Sure the Spec V is not a Porsche.. but that sir, was a shitty and ignorant comment. Nissan has made PLENTY of great cars over the years, like the 300ZX TT, 350Z, 370Z, Silvia, Skyline GT-R, Maxima, SE-R's.. the list goes on. And the Sentra SE-R Spec V is a great car right out of the box, with a lot of potential. Slap on a turbo, and it will make plenty of power and respectable numbers. A lot of people have also swapped engines with the VQ35 (from the Maxima, Altima 3.5s, 350Z, Infiniti G35, etc). The interior is pretty damn nice as well. Name another car that's better looking for less money, with more potential that offers a six speed tranny, a sport-tuned suspension, a helical limited slip, and an engine that's at least capable of 13s with forced induction. And my '03 has no problem turning heads. "who wants to tune a four door?" DUDE. Are you serious? It's called a sleeper. What's better than pulling up next to someone in a car that cost twice as much with two less doors, and handing their ass to them? Well, have fun being a honda fanboi in your two door civic hatch.