Fix it or scrap it?

Asked by Jun 04, 2014 at 12:54 AM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse Base

I have a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse with about 150k miles that has been sitting in my garage
for six years.  It ran fine before but I chose to drive my wife's car when she passed away.  
I don't have much money to spend and am trying to decide whether to fix the old Eclipse
or get another car.

236,835

You first say you don't have much money to fix it, but then you say you want another car. Fixing it, getting all the fluid changed and car inspected will probably be cheaper than a new one, unless your going used. Do you want to drive an Eclipse?

21,965

Does it run? I guess not, or you wouldn't be askin- 6 years, 150K on the clock- it's a cool old car, but it's an old car- sell it, use the money to get somethin' else- it will cost a lot to get it running- let someone else do it-

16,275

answer to yourself all the points raised already. 1/ how much do like this car.?....2/ doing the clean out/up is going to cost (maybe just inspection but there will be stuff that has to be changed) ; new tires,hoses,belts,removing mouse nests,removing old gas,time to check and free up the brakes, time to peek at fluid & filters, time to pull plugs ( OH those plugs), etc.,etc.......Gist is ; do you want this car back on the road because you love it or because it might be cheaper to get it running rather than buying something else ? .....Motive is your decision......Cost is a matter of you finding that out by comparing the two..