1991 Mitsubishi 3000gt automatic

John Sum

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

My car was running fine before and
now I can't get my car into overdrive
and I got a green sport light on my
dash also when I put it in reverse the
who car like jerks or like shake  can
anyone help me with any of these

Right hand side of instrument cluster you have two buttons. The top one is for the rear window and mirror defrost. The bottom one is for the electric shocks. Press that button. The sport light should go out. Not sure how that will effect the overdrive tho. I have only dealt with manual transmissions.

Daniel Foster

I believe your TCU (transmission control unit) is going bad, you can access it against the fire wall,, remove the driver side console panel It will be laying flat on the floor against the firewall,, I can find a link for you if you want/need it,,, I would remove that and open the unit and check for leaking capacitors and or a fishy smell,, is that sport light flashing or is just on? if its just on its fine just means that your suspension is in sport mode,, push the button that dandyoun mentioned and It will say tour that means your in softer touring mode,, but if its flashing that means your having a problem with your electronic controlled suspension system and you should unplug the ECS (electronic controlled suspension) unit,, its in the rear of the car on the passengers side behind a panel