I have a 92 1.8L eclipse. I recently replaced the clucth, slave and master cylinder but i can put it in gear i tried bleeding it already. Any idea of what could be wrong?

10

Asked by Jan 16, 2014 at 05:05 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Base

20,515

Did you bench bleed the slave cylinder?

10

Yeah, I bled everything and I get pressure but I can't put it into gear.

20,515

I don't mean bleeding everything together. Did you put the master cylinder in a vise and bleed it before you put it on the car?

10

yea i did that before i installed it. Could I have installed the clutch wrong or something of that sort?

115,185

Did you replace the throw out bearing too? If so did you get it all lined up properly. Did you use an alignment tool when installing the new clutch and pressure plate? Are you sure it all splined up properly or did you have issues putting the trans back on? Visually look at the slave cylinder while someone is pressing the clutch pedal. Is it fully extending?

20,515

I have seen the clutch installed backwards but they usually say "flywheel side". I have gotten a bad slave cylinder bad out of the box too from the dealer!.

10

@dandyoun no i didn't replace the throw out bearing would that be a possibility of me not be able to go in gear?? @tuff4x4 yea i got a couple of faulty parts too, but this is the second "new" slave i put on. I'm just going to take apart my tranny and start with the clutch and do everything over but thanks for all the help guys and hopefully my car would be able to move this weekend.

20,515

The only way the throw out bearing would do this is if it is pushing though the fingers on the clutch or the arms have broken off the throw out bearing that puts pressure on the clutch.That's a possibility since it wasn't changed.

10

Thanks alot guys. I redid EVERYTHING and I replaced the throw out bearing, Bled my master and slave cylinder again and now Im getting alot more pressure and the clutch is feeling pretty good AND Im able to put it in gear now

115,185

Great. Glad you got it going.

20,515

Glad it's working now.

10

Oh hey guys I got another question. My dashboard light on my gauge cluster wont turn on. I checked the fuse and its fine. Any ideas of what I should check before buying another cluster?

115,185

I would check the dimmer switch.

20,515

Or the bulbs are blown in the cluster.

10

Ok I ripped everything apart and it looks like and after martket cluster. but their were no bulbs to be seen. Do these AF parts light up a different way of should I just go buy the bulbs and hope they light up

20,515

If it is aftermarket it probably is LED instead of having bulbs. Your best bet is probably buying a good used cluster on ebay.