1992 Diamante car alarm??

20

Asked by Feb 27, 2012 at 02:04 AM about the 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4 Dr LS Sedan

So I'll try my best to take this through a step by step process:
It all started with my green Security light on my dash coming on a random times and of course if you try to move any of the door latches when that light is on the alarm will go off but NOW almost every time I open my car door, locked or not, the alarm will go off.
This is getting highly annoying and embarrassing and I want this to be fixed.
Is there anything I can do before having to pay up the big bucks at the dealer or an auto tech/alarm specialist?
Please help!!! I'm not even driving it anymore

The first thing to try is to put your key in the drivers door and turn it. This usually deactivates the alarm. The second thing is.....Do you have a key fob? Is it in your pocket when the alarm sets? What do you mean by random times?

20

I do turn the key in the driver side lock to unlock it but it doesn't seem to tell the alarm system to deactivate so I have to put the key I'm again to tell mt car I'm unlocking it. And no I don't have the fob with this car. It goes off when I open the door from the outside, locked or unlocked

101,695

The switch in my driver door that disarms my alarm went bad. I have to open passenger door with key to disarm now. Try passenger door or back hatch.

Best Answer
20

yeah I figured out that all of my switches are bad lol I was able to disable the horn for the alarm though, my lights will still flash if the alarm goes off but no more noise :) thank you for the response :)

101,695

Might try pulling the alarm/security relays and or fuses to stop the lights from coming up

20

already did pull the relay (which silenced the alarm) but since the car horn and alarm horn went at the same time when the alarm went off we had to sever one of the ground wires for the car horn so I could still use it on the wheel but it wouldn't go off with the alarm. of course the alarm is part of the ECU so you can't completely disable it safely but silencing it was perfect enough for me :)