As far as I can tell I'm not getting spark from part of my coil to two cylinders. Is it just the coil pack that's bad or possibly something else going on that's causing the coil not to have spark to

Asked by Aug 14, 2015 at 04:42 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr VR-4 Turbo AWD Hatchback

The car doesn't go over 2000rpm, it still starts. I took the wires off the coil to check for
spark and long behold they all were firing. So I took the car for a rip n it started running
down on power about a mile from the house. So I checked the coil again and the coil was
definitely not sparking on the end closest to the front end of the car. Please help !

If coil is good,may need to check the crank sensor.

Best Answer Mark helpful

If it is the crank case senser it should throw a code, correct??

Should,but not always.

It will just show up as random misfire.

Thanks for ur imputt im gonna work on it today

One fouled plug or bad plug wire on that coil will also cause them to do this also. Have you swapped your coils around to see if it's just that coil or any coil plugged in that position. If mine I would swap it around. Also check tighten and clean your motor and frame ground cable. These cars due weird stuff when there is not a perfect ground. Could also be the Ecu.

Thankyou guys!!! You both made me feel better about the direction I was headed in and it was one of my coils that was bad. But she's fixed n I'm off n running again!!!!!! THANKYOU!!