1992 3000GT SL No spark, no fuel.

55

Asked by Feb 14, 2015 at 01:34 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

My car died pulling into my driveway and wouldn't start back. Didn't have check engine
light so I pulled ECM. Caps were leaking so I replaced it and have the engine light when I
turn the key. I used to have a friend with a 93 3000GT and I took my ignition system and
put it on her car one piece at a time and everything was fine (plugs, wires, coil packs, the
little module underneath the coils, new cam sensor, new ignition switch {behind the key
mechanism}, and of course new ECM) Timing is good, injectors are as far as I can tell. I've
traced the power loss all the way back to the ignition switch and then passed the relay
under the dash and from there I do not know where the wires lead, but there is fire in the
right sequence the whole way to and from the ignition switch but what comes after the
relay plug under the dash? I had a tip on the fuel pump relay on the passenger side of the
console. It is clicking when I turn the key on and once more when I turn it off(is it
supposed to do that because I don't remember it clicking before. Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

116,505

Check your negative battery connections on the frame and motor. These cars do all sorts of weird stuff when these connections are not perfect. Also check the back of the ignition switch. There are two small screws that hold the wire harness connection in place. These two screws tend to become loose causing no start conditions. You will find this connection on the left side of the steering column. This gave us all sorts of issues on my sons 91.

55

Thank you sir, I'll look into that

6,295

did you get this resolved ? If not did you check the MFI relay ? that controls the fuel n spark

55

Nope, still in my garage. That wouldn't happen to be the relay on the passenger side of the console frame under the carpeting would it?

6,295

yes