First gear issues

Asked by Jan 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage ES Coupe

I was driving to work this morning and noticed my Mitsubishi Mirage was having issues
coming out of first gear after a stop. I could move the stick but it wouldn't allow me to
go into the first gear (unless i tried it continuously then eventually it worked) but this
happened a couple of times. It is a cold day but this problem only started after about 45
minuets of driving. Another weird thing is i could go into second after coming to a
complete stop. I am fairly new to driving a manual trans. So any help would be
appreciated.

20,685

See if it is low on fluid in the reservoir for the clutch. If it is low you may have a leak and there is air in the system. You will have to have it bled or possibly a bad slave cylinder or master cylinder for the clutch. Have it checked

I'd shimmy under there and take a mechanic's prybar to note the separation of the motor and/or engine mounts~