where can i still find the engine for this year? is there special year for fit type?

Asked by Oct 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0

I want to know how and where can I find the Mitsubishi engine for this year 1993 GS, auto, 2.0 without turbo? how can I know if I fit to the motor I have. I have a problem with piston it break and the guy valve either exhaust and both. the shop I have taken it too, he say some engine is not right one, some to expensive. can I used 1994 engine? I given him the website but he still say it not the right one. I found one long time ago, the website asked for the vin# also but it cost about $1590 with 3years warranty part and labor for 100,000miles warranty also. after one week this website reduce the price $1540 but I guess it already gone. because the shop say it to expensive and he found one $600 but the compression it low. it have been over month and half. I don't know what the different between GS 2.0 and GS, if you can help me. Thank you in advance

you know there ought to be a plethora of low-mileage Japanese engines available....let me see what's out there~ The Japanese are super-strict about the condition of your car and actually disassemble the whole car to inspect it...anything less than perfect is taken off the roads~

snurfin' around found 1100, 1400 and 1600...suggest a rebuild kit for 333.00~

Thank you for quick reply and thank you for you information. how hard to find this engine? do you need any more pacific information from me so you can help me find the fit engine. I lives in CA so it have to do with emission control or something I do not know or smog thing.

rebuild kit what is come with? But I can not find the piston at dealer there no longer carrier and I not sure about the exhaust guys can rebuild it break or bent because of timing broke. and couple 2 place say rebuild he want about base from $2000 and can up more. I like is car I want to keep it. what do I need to know how or if the engine is really fit my car?

okay, I'm licked California ain't too much fun...Lake county is a little looser...cough cough cough....people just ain't got enough money up here and the department tends to look the other way~ ....but knowing what an back-monkey a motor replacement can be---I recommend rebuilding what you've got...if there isn't serious damage to the connecting rods....pistons, etc~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-2-0L-ENGINE- REBUILD-KIT-4G63-/330498282438? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1993%7CMake %3AMitsubishi%7CModel%3AEclipse%7CSubmodel%3AGS&hash=item 4cf33b93c6&vxp=mtr

whoa...looks like pistons are included in this kit~

I recommend sell this for scrap and buy a Toyota....mitsubishi's have always let me down in the past....'course I was sportin' 88 colt with the "jet" engine that got 50mpg but had NO POWER~ wore out way ahead of it's time....all the Toyota's I've owned including my wife's Prius have NEVER broken down~...this is just one man's opinion...some people love the Mitsubishi...personally cannot get over the fact that the Japanese ZERO was manufactured by Mitsubishi...a little factoid I will not forget~

Me poppa's '71 Dodge Colt (his first new car) had a tragic flaw in the fuel pickup tube....you would have to keep an absolutely full tank or it would start suckin' air....HORRIBLE on our trip to Cleveland~

the only Toyota troubles I've heard of are footwell carpeting related~....one computer glitch...about all~