I have a 1993 eclipse where do I locate the switch to turn on the fog lights

10

Asked by Sep 08, 2013 at 10:25 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse Base

6,795

Any chance they turn on by turning the headlight switch to "low beams" and then gently pull the knob out a little ? Fords do it that way. Don't be surprised if the fog lights go off when you switch from low beams to high beams as well.

10

Well the head lights are also on the turn signals and it won't pull out I was wondering if the was a switch or something like that

25,235

dking2...The fog lamp switch is located on the dash to the left of your gauge cluster ...see red arrow pointing to it in the pic below

25,235

P.S. Left click pic to enlarge it :)

25,235

Dking,,, hope these answers were helpful.

10

That one looks just like mine but I dnt have a button there I just double checked to make sure. I just bought the car is it possible it might be wired in with the head lights?

25,235

@dking2 ...Not sure WHY someone would go through the trouble of doing that, if you already had a separate, stand alone fog lamp switch. It's possible that you have an Eclipse that didn't come from the factory with fog lamps and then someone installed them after the fact. Did you buy it from a Dealer or Private Party? Either way, I'd check with them to see how the fogs were wired & installed.

I have the same dash board as the one in the picture and my car fog lights will turn in but the button won't stay in unless I apply pressure should I take off the the plastic part of the dash and see what's behind it?