Can I replace 2004 PT Cruiser Turbo Engine with Later Model Engine?

Asked by JAX27332 Sep 11, 2019 at 07:11 PM about the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Turbo Wagon FWD

These car dealers totally lied about this car. It looked great body wise with leather seats, sunroof, etc. but it had been wrecked which they didn't disclose and had several failed head gasket repairs it also didn't disclose. It overheated leaving lot and I demanded refund. They claimed it was only a faulty sensor I wasn't. It also had leaking power steering fluid and coolant pouring into the engine I never would have known about. Then I read that can cause it to catch on fire. It had been sold for parts because of continuing head gasket problem. Is it possible to replace the engine with another one down the road? I repaired leaking power steering hose but had leaking coolant hose. It started having another head gasket problem. So it needed a new engine before I ever saw it even though only 77,000 miles. I was wondering you it could be replaced with a later model engine that didn't have problems if there were any. I got totally ripped off. They claimed it was a great deal even though it had been wrecked and they didn't disclose that either. They apparently were selling "killer cars" to people and putting them in danger. I wanted refund in one hour but he claimed it was a faulty sensor and that had been one recall problem. He knew it wasn't when he bought it from a guy selling it for parts. Right now its sitting dead in my driveway even with a new battery and repaired power steering hose. It also had an electrical problem that wasn't just a fuse in the headlight.

Sorry about typos and saying things twice. I am very angry because I asked if it had any engine, electrical, or transmission problems and he said it didn't. The "check engine" light came on and I demanded refund, he just lied again. I am not a mechanic. I liked the looks of it and we are in a lawsuit so I am waiting for the Appeal to go through or take them through trial.