1993 3000gt won't start

Asked by Jun 17, 2017 at 09:07 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

I have a 1993 3000gt that I bought a few months
back and am having my first problem with it. It was
starting fine no problems and then 2 days ago it
didn't start just clicked. I figured it was the starter
and changed it but that didn't help. It has a new
battery and terminals. I checked all the fuses and
relays I could find and they were all good. I
checked the neutral safety switch...kinda since I
didn't really know what to look for if it wasn't
working.

2,100

test the battery, test the alternator, something could be draining the battery while off. Measure the voltage on the battery and see if its below the battery's rated voltage. If so, something is pulling power from it.

The battery is at 12.8 and hasn't changed since it didn't want to start and I've been trying different stuff to try to get it started the last 3 days

Lights windows and all dash instruments work and the battery voltage hasn't remained constant

Has*

2,100

check plugs / coil pack. I'd pull at least 1 plug to check for any gunk/damage. Is it trying to turn over when you turn the key or is it just clicking from the starter?

It was just clicking but it's not doing anything now. I can hear what I assume is the fuel pump turn on and that's it other than the dash lights

I put new plugs and wires in about 3 weeks ago so I'd hope it isn't that but I'll check

Devin. did you figure out the problem? I have the exact problem ...just clicks. my mechanic says it might be the electronic control computer..i was going to order 1 ,but if you found out something else I would love to know

I have saw many sites that claim that when the battery drains completely down...and you jump it ,it could short the ecc ecu ecm , I am not getting power to the starter ,fuel pump..nothing ..just clicks..interior lights up fine...the ecc controls everything ...it started to over heat a couple times..the fan might not have been kicking on...then the clutch went ..,then the ac...I was told that the clutch is electronic ...and the ecc controls everything ?is this true?if you get this let me know what you think? and if you ever found your problem...also if anyone knows does the ecc need to be flashed by a dealership? after putting in a new one?i am told some do but some doesn't...any help would be greatful...

185

Is it a clutch or auto?