I own a 93 3000gt sl and im having problems getting it to start. I checked to see if it was firing and its not so I looked it up and replaced the ignition module but still wont fire.

Asked by Oct 08, 2014 at 09:44 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

Is there anything else I can check to see
why it wont start?

I went out one day and I started it and it started just fine so I reved it alittle to get the engine going and it just shut off and now im having these problems.

It will turn over. The problem is its not sparking at all. I just need suggestions on what to check.

116,505

Check all your fuses first. Does you check engine light come on when key is turned to run position before trying to start? If not double check your fuses.

116,505

How long since timing belt was replaced?

6,295

check the PTU,, its what sends spark to the coils,, if that checks out could be the cam or crank sensor depending on which one you have

165

If there is no spark at all it has to be from the ptu power transfer unit. I noticed on mine I had a faulty ptu when I replaced it worked fine Also could be bad coils never know. And worst case senerio ecu not properly working

6,295

I'd out has to to be the PTU, how could it possibly be the coils?? Out could be the crank or can sensors ie the ECU for that matter, Just because that's what happened with yours don't mean it's what happening with his,, besides this thread is 2 years dead lol

165

Your right. Just because I had similar issues doesn't mean it's what his problems are. But this forum has helpful information that pertained to my experiences and pointed me in the right direction your DIY since these cars are outdated and no mech wants to work on them! I based my evaluation by process of elimination with my car from this forum and guess what? My car is running! So I try to help my fellows who own this rarity and may help others to use this as a reference to trouble shoot. Not for this post or thread to this guy who is 2 years old rofl