I am having problems with my car not starting, it may start and it may not,,, I have put about a grand into it and it still is not reliable.

45

Asked by Oct 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

257,835

Could be many diffferent issues. We don't have much to go on to help guess. Please tell us the symptoms and problems and what you changed already.

6,245

off hand guess sounds like you might be experiencing the click click no start problem, but that's just a guess, but like tom pointed out we don't have much to go on,,, try elaborating on your issue and also what you've done to try fixing it so far

45

I have replaced the computer, ignition module, coil, and part of the wiring harness,,, and it still is inconsistent in starting,,when the car won't start there is no power to the fuel injector, when it start's there is power there, really would appreciate if someone could help me, I love my car. Look forward to hearing from someone out there. :-)

6,245

when it wont start are you getting clicks but no start?

6,245

hope you saved your old computer as there's probably nothing wrong with it and you can recover at least a little of your money back from it or save it for a spare

45

when I go to start it, it will turn over it just won't fire and it won't start,,, if I leave it over night it will start in the morning, but sometimes if I run it and then stop somewhere and come out to go it won't start, if I let it set for about 10 minutes and try it again it will start,,,,

115,125

Have you checked to see if you are getting spark to the plugs while its turning over? Do you have fuel pressure on the fuel rail while its turning over? Can you hear the injectors ticking(pulsing) while its turning over? These cars tend to do weird stuff with a bad ground. Clean and tighten the negative battery cable where it connects to the motor and frame of car. (Specially the frame connection)

6,245

how did you determine that there is power to the fuel injectors ? and do all the things that dandyoun stated,, but I have a feeling that if your right and there isn't juice to the injectors then that just might be your problem,, but like I said do like dandyoun stated especially the grounds,, theres a ton of them and these cars are ultra voltage sensitive and that might just have something to do with your no power to the injector problem

10

Have you figured out the problem yet? I have the same issue :b

10

same issue here, replaced fuel pump and it started for a day now we went from cranking and no start to nothing at all she clicks under the hood so we replaced the starter still no go so we are taking the starter back. we did the same thing with battery and new connectors. my son loves this car but I'm about ready to put it in a lake.