Reason for not getting fuel to throttle body

50

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 11:35 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr STD Hatchback

120,835

Could be stopped up fuel filter, faulty fuel pressure regulator, bad crank/cam sensors, computer acting up or faulty fuel pump.

6,455

besides what dandyoun said might have a kinked or broken fuel line, or not getting power to the pump IE bad fuel pump relay or bad connection or broken work wires,, or if yours is like mine was once it might be leaking at the top of the pump when the hard lines come out of the pump,,, how did you make out on that other stuff I posted ? you get that stuff all tested and verified?

50

Daniel I am so glad you responded I couldn't find out last connection. I tried to find the links. It said to purge the fuel line but I don't know how. Still the same issues. Haven't been able to get the car to start.

6,455

couldn't find what out what, last connection? and what said to purge the fuel lines ?

6,455

forgot to ask if you can hear the fuel pump prime up when you turn the key

50

Ok here it goes. Replaced fuel pump then checked filter then replaced crank sensor. Fuel is getting to the rail, yes you can hear the pump when you turn the key. Has 1/2 tank of gas but it still acts like its not getting any fuel. I'm ready to pull my hair out. I have tried to get ahold of a scanner but everyone says all they have is for a 96 or newer. I replaced the spark plugs and wires. I love my car but it is really giving me a run for my money... HELP

6,455

that's why I sent you a link showing how to check them yourself without a scanner can you still not get the link to work ?

6,455

might be the injector controller ill find a link on how to check for that

50

No I was not able to get to that link it said it was a blank page.

Eitherof you figure out the problem...I'm looking at one with similar problems... Stalls out unless foot on throttle... And there's no throttle response... Thanks

My fuel pump use to work but it doesn't anymore im not sure why, the fuel pump relay has power though but its not delivering fuel and the car doesn't want to turn on any suggestions on what it is?