I have a mitsubishi 3000GT It has spark to the coil and it has gas a new crank shaft sensor but it still won't start. It continues to act like it's out of gas. Also have new fuel pump,

50

Asked by Jan 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM about the 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr STD Hatchback

6,265

have you verified that your getting fuel to the rail?

115,925

Did you properly set the timing after installing the crank/cam position sensor(two in one sensor on back bank by intake tube)? Or has yours been converted to the two separate sensors under the timing belt cover?

6,265

why do you have to mess with the timing after replacing the crank/cam position sensors dandyoun?

115,925

Opps got my years wrong. Thanks Daniel for making me double check myself. Old fart here. Lol No need to adjust yours Sunshine unless yours has been changed over to the older style. On 91-92 the sensor(two sensors in one mounted to the intake cam of the back bank right by inlet tube of throttle body) are adjustable and if you changed the sensor it will need tweeking. The sensor has a slotted adjustment that is used to get the timing back adjusted. 93-99 has two separate sensors that bolt solid in one place and are not adjustable. Some tuners prefer the older sensors for the ability to retard their timing as needed.

50

Daniel I am getting fuel to the rail. After replacing the fuel pump and filter the car still didn't start so we replaced the crank shaft sensor and the car ran. I drove it for about 3 weeks before it started acting the same as it did before we replaced everything. Is there a way to test the crank shaft sensor to see if it is bad?

50

When the crank shaft sensor was replaced the harmonic balancer wasn't put on properly it was of balance. Could that have caused the crank shaft sensor to go bad?

6,265

I believe it might have something to do with it,, have you tried to pull any codes though? heres how to test it though, I mean besides pulling codes which I would do anyways http://www.3si.org/wiki/index.php?title=CAS%2C_Crank_and_CAM_Angle_Sensors

6,265

ECU will cause these same sort of problems though by the way

6,265

what get figured out sunshine? if you need help with pulling the codes I can help you with that too

50

I tried to go to the sight that you gave me but it was a blank page.

50

And I don't know how to pull the codes. Please remind me :)

6,265

shouldnt be it works fine for me ill get you a link showing how to pull codes,,,, try with another pc or something to get the first link to work though

6,265

http://www.stealth316.com/2-diagconn.htm http://www.stealth316.com/2-diagcodes91-93.htm

6,265

heres the chart for what the codes mean http://www.us3s.org/freeforum/showthread.php?t=3292

6,265

did you need a link on how to remove and check the ECU?

Car runs and it quits

6,265

did you ever get this sorted out ?

155

well seems to me if your getting all the 3 basic to make a car run air fuel gas and still wont start? I would have to say its a sensor or a faulty wire not being connected properly or worse case scenario bad ecu. do you have good compression? that maybe a issue if the timing belt broke( hopefully not) but if the valves are bent the pistons wont compress the air gas cause the valves are letting them escape before ignition. more details can help in this diagnosis. more info you can provide the better results in helping out