need 2 change ignition on diamante

385

Asked by Jun 10, 2007 at 08:54 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi Diamante 4 Dr ES Sedan

I need to change the ignition on my diamante, it was sloppy but usable, that is until now, so I have ordered a new igniton from the dealership, I've changed others with just a couple paper clips but this was 15 years ago in school, was wondering what tricks there might be or how diffucult it can be? any suggestions would be appreciated.

33,555

you should grab a Chilton or Haynes manual to guide you through the process. I looked for a guide online but it doesn't seem to be available

25

its pretty easy. Just take all the intake stuff out and throttle body then you should be able to access from there.

95

ignition switch, with the whole lock and tumbler, or just the ignition relay? paper clips to hold stuff in place is probably still your best bet. head on down to autozone, or advance auto parts, etc. and have them print off an exploded view of the ignition for you. or at least a picture of it so you know what your dealing with. thats what i do when i cant find it on chilton/haynes/alldata/mitchell programs/manuals i have.