Wierd noise

10

Asked by Aug 03, 2016 at 05:55 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

So my cars making a wierd buzzing sound when I
accelerate , it's an automatic when it's in park and I
accelerate it , it sounds fine but when I put it in
reverse or on neutral or any other gear is buzzing it
sound like it might be the transmission but I'm not
positive

1,635

like a "whirring" noise? and only when moving? It can be the hub bearings and/or axle shaft bearings (the SLs are FWD) so... Yeah, that's likely the problem/

10

No it does it when is standing still also

1,635

It may be a bad transmission mount; the only way to know for sure, is to look at the mounting bracket

10

My motor mounts were changed a couple months ago

1,635

Well, check the bolts- i had some come loose on a Q45, yes- it's a different application, but similar situation.

10

This sounds consistent with my acceleration , it sounds like when your shushing some one to be quiet lol

1,635

yeah, quite the conundrum... Im all out of ideas, unless you had (all of a sudden) a warped stall converter, but you would have more problems than a "shushing" noise?

10

Before the noise started my idle started acting I was driving about 30mph and the rpms were going up and down going from 2000 to 3500 and then it would go back to normal

10

So I was driving today and the rpms are going crazy and when I press the gas it's not catching speed is like as if it was on neutral and I'm just reving it

1,635

Check your trans fluid. Autos tend to slip due to low fluid or excessive heat.

10

The fluid is good the engine is extremely hot tho

1,635

The level is good? What color is the fluid. Have you checked the fluid filter?

10

The fluid is a burgundy 'sh color , and I have not the transmission oil was changed a while back tho

10

And the fluid level is at Hot

10

So my mechanic told me my front and rear motor mounts a done for do you think that would be making the car idle wierd and cause that buzzing noise

1,635

Didn't you just say (earlier) that your motor mounts were changed already- despite me clarifying that you have not only motor mounts but trans mounts as well???? Now they're 'done' per your mechanic? Slipping trans is not likely to be a result of bad motor mounts- noise, however, is!

10

They were changed I changed all 4 but I guess the mounts I got were not very good qualityfor them to be messed up already , I'm ordering the rear one and the front one from 3sx so once I get that fixed do you think it would fix all these or is my transmission messed

10

This*

10

The whole idle thing does that mean my transmission is bad or is there any chance it could be my throttle position sensor , cause I check to see if it still went into OD and it did

1,635

Sounds like you have a couple of issues. Start with replacing the motor mounts. Then drain and fill the tranny, be sure to have the trans filter replaced. If you still have issues, then the trans is bad. Im not sure why you'd think that you have an issue with the TPS, did your car give you a check engine code P0121??

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

No the check engine like come on and off but it never stays on long enough for me to get the code

1,635

You should have the car checked out ASAP.

10

Yea mechanics out here are horrible I went to one and he said to go back when the noise was launder - _- and then the other one was like I don't hear anything I ordered the mounts ima have them changed and hope it's the noise is gone and have them check the transmission oil

10

My father in law told me he changed the transmission oil about 5 years ago , should I change it cause I hear some transmission go bad if you do

1,635

Brother- transmission oil needs to be changed every 60K miles or 4 years (it depends on how you drive); make sure you're using fully synthetic oil (Castrol's ATF+4 or Mobil 1 Synthetic)

10

I've been using Castro atf+4

10

So I should change the oil and change the filter as well and what's the presses to change the oil and the filter I wanna know so like that I know my mechanic doesn't do it wrong

10

So changed the mounts and had the transmission oil changed and new filter put on and everything is good thanks a lot for everything !!

1,635

Good deal brother man!! Make sure you keep the fluid changed every 50k! And don't forget to mark as helpful!

10

Will do man!!