My '94 SL washer fluid dash waning light is on even though both front and rear reservoirs are full.

Asked by Sep 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

101,695

Can clean the sensor in the bottom of the tank but I would use caution not to damage rubber seal. I am having trouble finding a seal to replace the one in the bottom of my tank.

101,695

If you unplug the wire harness from the sensor on the bottom of the tank the light will go out. That's what I had to do.

65

Sounds like your front washer fluid sensor got stuck. This tends to happen, especially if you've ever let the tank get empty. Option #1: I'd suggest accessing the tank and cleaning it. Simply remove the battery+battery tray to access it and unbolt it from the car. From there, I'd empty it out, fill it half-way with water and a bit of dish soap and give it a good shake. The built-in sensor at the bottom of the tank should break loose. Drain it, install it back in the car, re-fill with the washer fluid, and you should be good to go. Option #2: Go to the junk yard and buying the tank assembly with built-in sensor. Should be pretty inexpensive. The washer fluid tanks are the same for all year Mitsubishi 3000GT's and Dodge Stealth's. Alternatively, and while it doesn't really *fix* the problem, you could: - Unplug the wire harness from the bottom of the tank, or - Unplug the light in the dash gauge cluster I'd recommend option #1 though.

I have a 1991 Dodge Stealth that had the same issue. There is a plastic piece that floats up when the tank is full. It must have a magnet in that piece. Another piece that is buoyant sits underneath that plastic piece. I think I ruined mine when taking a garden hose and flushed out the tank. I took mine apart and put a piece of water pipe hose insulation underneath it to float up the plastic piece. It has to be very small as the hole at the bottom is the same diameter as the black plastic sensor piece. The trick is to put the piece back in one fixing it. You need to slide off the black plastic ring that sits on the outside of the tank and slide it up toward the float..put all pieces in the tank and then pull the white plastic piece back in..Good luck!