bad vibration

bmoore91
0

Asked by Mar 03, 2013 at 06:25 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

so im having this bad vibration in my car. it sounds like it has straight pipes on it. ive had this
problem before and i changed the fuel filter and it straightened it out. but i changed it again today
but im still having the same issue. any ideas what the problem is?

195,495

If you say it sounds "straight pipes", I'm assuming the cars exhaust is loud. So that would tell me you have an exhaust leak. Changing the fuel filter you probably moved something on the exhaust. It could also be your exhaust pipe or hanger is broke contacting the frame of the car causing the vibration. Any other symptoms?

96,955

Your exhaust has two flex hose pieces. One is right behind the exhaust manifold (almost directly under your feet) and the other is by the back tires. If one or both is bad it will be very loud. I would inspect them for leaks. Not to sure why changing the fuel filter would have caused an exhaust sound to go away unless like Tom stated you might have bumped something. Is it running good other than being loud? If not list other symptoms so we can better understand what is going on with it.