I hate getting into my 3000GT because the steering wheel hits my knees. What can I do?

Asked by Dec 24, 2013 at 08:12 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr STD Hatchback

Is there a smaller steering wheel or a tilt steering column that I could swap in and still
keep this little sports car legal?

Could not get in mine without tilt steering. You sure it's not tilt? The tilt lever kind of blends into the steering column.

Here's a picture of mine. Also checked my 94 stealth and it's the same.

But if yours does not have one you could take a steering column out of a 3000 gt sl or a dodge stealth rt and it should bolt right up without any major issues.

If you in the lower alabama area I have a 94 stealth rt parts car that still has the tilt steering wheel in it if you need it.

I just didn't find that mine tilted very much. I have it back in the back to do some other work on it. I will look again. If nothing else, I think I could change out that whole steering column if I had to. I am just surprised that this is not a bigger problem. The previous owner wore out the seat cover and a little of the foam rubber, just getting in and out.

I believe they all came tilt standard so should be able to tilt it like dandyoun said

Yes, good suggestions! Find & buy a tilt steering column & a custom smaller dia. steering wheel such as a Momo. There are even some steering racing wheel kits, that the wheel comes on & off.