throttle body/fuel filter/fuel pump problem?

Asked by Dec 16, 2011 at 08:49 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr STD Hatchback

i got 94 3000gt with problem, the car starts and idles just fine in park and neutral,
when i put in drive and reverse the rpm drops and half the time just cuts out.  at this
point i'm out of ideas

95

I'm not a car mechanic...I just take care of my own VR4 and my wife's car. It might be the Y-pipe if you have a VR4 (turbo). It has a tendency to blow off and leak air. If that happens the car will not run. The MAF sensor/honecomp night also be dirty it's right before the air filter). Make sure it's clean. Sign ou on Team3S and you can ask your question there. Many knowledgeable people that know the answers to everything. First though, you should search their archives to make sure the question has not been answered. Best of luck, -Mike- 95 VR4

my moneys on your capacitors in your ecu and ecs. if your ecu is good check your ecs (electronic control suspension) cant remember when they dropped it but it will fry your ecu if its not already. 95 vr4 is a nub your y pipe wont blow off at stock boost. everyone thinks boost leaks and mafs. i been through it in my 92. climate control has the same caps. 95vr4 and up i believe use diff caps. and 3si forums is a must for ne 3s owner. good luck

135

In the event none of those answers helped, I had a similar problem and replaced the TPS switch and everything worked out fine.

145

im not so sire about automatic trans but in my manual i had idle issue with the IAC and MAF Cleaned up the MAF and replaced the IAC along with cleqning out the throttle body with carb cleaner and ran good as new. other issues others have had was the ECU capacitors are.blown. the large black ones with silver if they turn a yellowish color and smells like fish..yup you need to replace those 4 or 5 caps