having stalling and idle problems with my 95 expo

Asked by Oct 20, 2014 at 04:50 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4 Dr STD Hatchback

When the car is in gear it runs fine. But four or five seconds after I put it in park or neutral
the engine dies... as if i just turned the key off or it will diesel then die but will drive as
long as I immediately put it in a gear reverse, drive, low one or  low two. I don't
understand how it dies when out of gear but is fine in gear even without me touching the
throttle ???    please help!!!!

First,is engine light on?

Like he said T_S_T Check engine light will point out the issue. Could be any number of things IAC Motor maybe