having stalling and idle problems with my 95 expo

Asked by Oct 20, 2014 at 04:50 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4 Dr STD Hatchback

When the car is in gear it runs fine. But four or five seconds after I put it in park or neutral
the engine dies... as if i just turned the key off or it will diesel then die but will drive as
long as I immediately put it in a gear reverse, drive, low one or  low two. I don't
understand how it dies when out of gear but is fine in gear even without me touching the
throttle ???    please help!!!!

66,705

First,is engine light on?

30

Like he said T_S_T Check engine light will point out the issue. Could be any number of things IAC Motor maybe