Why does my Car throws a lot of white smoke when I turn it on!

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 09:57 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo

I recently did the tune up on my 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T ( it sat in the
garage for like 5 years) and right after I turn it on it starts to throw a lot of
smoke from the exhaust and it does stop ( I left it running for like 1-3 mins
and it didn't stop)and ever since I can figure out what's wrong with I think it
might be the Pistons or the turbo can anyone help me

And thanks in advance

7,710

If you left the gas in the tank you may have a gallon of water in it ... Don't jump the gun and assume you may have a major problem if the car otherwise runs OK ...but do get the oil changed and if the tank is more than 1/2 full go get some additive for the fuel

3,735

If it were mine I would dump all the old gasoline out! Gasoline turns gummy and thick and will clog the internal parts like fuel pumps! It will also collect condensation ( water) so that is probably the white smoke! Now that is assuming that the head gasket is not leaking coolant into one of the pistons ! Check coolant level and keep checking it if it drops and you dont see an external leak at a hose or weeping at the waterpump you can bet you need a headgasket! Change it immediately before you ruin the engine! Ok, back to the scenario that its just water in the gas tank! Dump the gas, make sure it doesnt have any rust inside the tank! Yes gas tanks will rust if water is present! So check inside for RUST, it can cause havoc with fuel injectors and fuel pumps! Once you have a clean tank run Seafoam in the tank with a minimum of a half tank of gas or a full tank of gas! Now the seafoam may smoke till it burns off but once it mixes and if you still get smoke start ups Go Check the Coolant level, did it go down, yes? Then you need a headgasket! Thats another major project but you will know where your problem lies! If my answer helped Please click my Mark Helpful link ! Thank you good luck!