Brake question

Asked by Aug 07, 2015 at 07:54 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

My sons car is having issues with the brakes. The brakes go all the way down before it
stops. I have had the booster replaced twice, the cylinder as well and changed the front  
two calipers. The lines have been bleed three to four times and the brakes are still the
same. 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse .. I'm lost as well as the mechanic. He has checked the
lines and has said that the lines are good and no leaks. What  are we missing ?

18,810

Sounds like you have the most common things covered so what I am about to tell you may not seem like it has anything to do you the brakes but have your mechanic check for bad hub bearings. Have him raise vehicle off the ground and let wheels hang grab top of tire with one hand and the bottom of the tire with the other and try to move tire and if it moves the bearing are loose and trust me that will cause the brakes to go to the floor. Did a brake job and the guy just had hub bearings replaced but when I did his brake job pedal just kept going to to floor after about a two hour head ache come to find out the bearings where loose tighten bearings and had brake pedal. This may not be your problem but you may want to check into it.