1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

25

Asked by Dec 12, 2014 at 07:38 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Eclipse has no spark and no power.  Car was running fine, parked it in the garage but
wouldn't start the next day.  Thought it was a fuel pump and hot wired the fuel pump to
the battery and the pump activated and sent fuel the the engine, but would not start.  
The car will crank until the battery starts to die, but there is no power to the fuel pump
and no spark.  Replaced the Fuel pump sensor, crankshaft sensor, and camshaft
sensor.  Checked the ASD and it is okay.  Timing was checked but was unable to time
the cam due to where it is, thinking of doing a complete timing and parts replacement.  
Also checked the ignition.  Any suggestions for next step? Have been told to realign
the camshafts.

112,115

Turn key to on position(not start) does check engine light come on? If not check all your fuses. Check engine light should come on when trying to start car. Also check your ground cable from the battery to the frame and motor. These cars are real picky about the ground connections and tend to do weird things if the ground is not perfect.