I have a thrown 95 eclipse rod. Should i replax/fix it. Engine swap. Or junk the body for 400 bucks and by a honda prelude? Not to be a cheap person but this time i need to go with that route.

Asked by Jan 01, 2014 at 10:59 AM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Any help by the end of the week would
be great. Im not to car savy. And im
not makein lots of money.. And can i
upgrade the prelude to make it have
more hp. But thats o ver time. Thanks

117,995

It's really up to you. How much does this car mean to you? If really like it and want to keep I would advise a total lower end rebuild. But that could get costly if you can't do it yourself. An engine swap would probably cost less but you never really know what you are getting with a used engine and might be in the same boat in a month or two.

The eclipse is my dream car. raced it took it too work. Everyday things. But right now im gettin late to work. And i dont have the time to sit and mess with it like i was able to.. And the.money isnt comin in cause of the bills. Thats why i was leanin more to the prelude. So i at least get to work to by another one.

117,995

They are fun little cars but get costly to maintain when you play with them to hard or to much. Just had to replace the motor in my 3000gt cause I played to hard with a failing oil pump.

74,045

As dandyoun said this depends on what the car means to you. Personally, I'd junk it and get something else. Something newer and with less miles on it. Even with a used, salvage yard engine, to buy the motor and have it installed you're probably looking at around $2,000 easy. I'd take that money and put it toward something else. But ultimately, of course, the decision is yours. HTH. -Jim